Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life in the past month

Here's our "Little Man" at one month old. It was a sad day last week when his hair already started to fall out on top. We'll see if it takes him as long to get his hair back as it did Laurel. I hope it stays dark but Laurel's didn't.

He is becoming more alert everyday. We are so blessed to have him in our home.


Laurel loves her little brother and likes to be up close and personal with him. I am glad that she loves him but it doesn't always make it easy for Mommy. I never know what she may attempt to do with him, so I have to keep a close eye on her. She is not always aware of unsafe situations for the baby, like jumping on the bed next to his head or covering him with the blankets. I know she wishes he could play with her more. She is very attentive to his cries and noises often stating, "Did you hear that?" Which is generally a signal to me that she is headed in his direction to "help him out". It will be fun to see how they grow together and play as time goes on.

Laurel helps Grandma Helen make a blanket for Nathaniel


It was so nice to have my mom here for 2 and a half weeks. It sure made the transition to 2 kids so much easier. In fact, it has been easier to go from 1 kid to 2 than it was from 0 to 1. It may sound crazy, I know, but I never knew how rough the recovery was after Laurel's birth until I had Nathaniel. Let's just say it's nice to have energy to get out of bed and get dressed in the mornings.




3 comments:

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Aaaw, how cute! Thanks for updating! I've been checking everyday for pictures so this morning was such a pleasant surprise! I'm glad you are doing well. Wish I was there to hold that baby and give you a hug. I miss you my friend!

Blair and Cindy said...

So cute! He has already changed and grown in just the one month! Glad things are going well!

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Heather! What a CUTIE!! I loved the update. I love what you said about Laurel giving you a cue she is going to 'check on him.' That is hillarious!!
What a precious little boy!!