Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Laurel's 1st Birthday!



What's a party without balloons? Friday afternoon Weston and I decorated the house with streamers and balloons. I wanted Laurel to have at least one helium balloon. So we got her a mylar balloon. She loved playing with it as we walked in the store and then all the way home in the car. The store was in such a hurry with another order that they didn't take the time to curl the ribbon on the balloon. What's one balloon?! On the way home I tried to curl the ribbon with my nails, but it just wasn't working. I got the scissors out to curl the riboon when we got home and you guessed it, mommy ruined Laurel's new friend. I felt so bad. Laurel dragged the popped balloon all over the house while Daddy went and got Laurel a new one. Surprisingly, she wasn't too interested in the new balloon. Moral to the story, don't worry about appearances.


Laurel didn't quite know what to do with her presents at first. She needed a little (lot) of help to get the idea. The kids were so funny, they said "pretend it is Christmas". Kids are so funny. I know Laurel loved having them over. She was so excited to see everyone that came through the door. We were blessed to have many friends come to celebrate with us.
Laurel really enjoyed her cake. She was cautious at first, but really dug in once she tasted it.

6 comments:

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Zach and I laughed really hard at the balloon story! What a first birthday. I think Chloe will just have a cupcake and some of MY friends over for her first birthday. I did buy her a barbie. I know she's a little young, but it is one that comes with the clothes painted on, and has no small pieces... so unless she figures out a way to rip off the head and swallow it, I think we will be ok. Even in that case, I think we could probably fish it out of her windpipe by the barbie hair. I digress...
We also liked the closet. Go Weston!!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Hooray! You updated! Thanks for inviting us to the party! We had a great time. We Loved watching Laurel eat her cake! What a cutie!

Blair and Cindy said...

How sad, but how cute about the balloon! I can just picture Laurel dragging the popped balloon around. They find joy in the simplest things don't they. She looks like she sure enjoyed the cake! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Laurel!!!

Dubb Days said...

we are so glad we were able to come and celebrate with you. Laurel is so fun and adorable!

SMILES2ALL said...

Hey we just found out that Jerimah and his family has a blog it os http://jstolsen.blogspot.com/ Just thought you would like to know.

The Mrs. said...

Hi guys, Jordan gave me your blog spot so I thought I'd check it out. Your daughter is adorable, and you two aren't so bad yourselves!