Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

There's always a lot of hype when a storm comes through. They closed the schools and work for some people. Kind of like snow days in Nebraska. It was indeed a storm--rain and 30 mph winds. I guess it would be a hardship if you were looking for C batteries at Wal-Mart. At least it cooled off a little. There's been an eerie calm and the sky turned orange/gray yesterday evening. We tried to capture it with our camera but it didn't do justice. We do take it seriously, though, because of the tornado risks and the thought that the big one could be coming. We are grateful to be safe and well.

2 comments:

SMILES2ALL said...

I am glad that you guys are still here with us and all is well.

Dubb Days said...

I thought the sky was really cool too! I always follow Tims lead with the storms because if all I did was listen to the news I'd freak myself out. If he isn't worried, I don't worry:)