Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Weston and Heather Johnson Family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Laurel's first recital

Laurel has taken interest in our piano and climbs up on the bench to play daily. I came home from Young Women one Wednesday night and when I asked how the night went, Weston told me he had given Laurel her first piano lesson. I was curious to know how that had"played out". He said he had taught her to focus on playing just one note at a time. I chuckled to myself when the next day she was back to playing her multi-note pounding music. She loves to pound out a few notes (more than we would prefer to hear together) then gracefully (thus far) turns the page of the Children's songbook to a new song. I must say that in this picture she looks like a natural at the piano and maybe someday she will be. Her Grandma Johnson would be proud! Thanks Mom for the beautiful piano which enables us to enjoy the gift of music in our home.

1 comment:

Daralyn said...

Heather, I just found your blog. I was "blog-stalking" and ran across it!. It is good to "see" you.

Check out my blog--drussel.blogspot.com

I am not very original in the name...